Read for fun, learning, and prizes!
Goal: 20 Minutes Each Day!
- Earn a book or prize from any Cobb Public Library by reading and logging at least 10 hours of reading this summer (see below). Students can use their student number to check out 5 books at a time from the public library.
- Earn up to 25 Due West Dollars from Ms. Airman in August when you return with a paper log or Bingo sheet (see below) ... or if you log online using Beanstack. Top readers will earn a Scholastic book prize too!
- Going to Middle School? Earn extra credit or prizes at the public library and at your Middle School for using the Beanstack online reading log over the summer! Lost Mountain details HERE and McClure details HERE - See below for Beanstack details!
Paper Logs & Activities
Will go home in Thursday folders on Thursday, May 19th.
- Cobb County Public Library paper reading log CLICK HERE. More activities HERE.
*Or use the Beanstack online reading log below.
- Due West Summer Reading Bingo CLICK HERE.
Online Reading Log - Beanstack App
- Login to Beanstack through Clever (CLICK HERE for login instructions).
Choose the Beanstack App in Clever. Once you are on the Beanstack website:
*Under settings (top right), "Link Your Profile" to the public library Beanstack account.
*Choose "Create New Account", then "Confirm Account".
- After linking the accounts (above), use Beanstack through Clever or the "Beanstack Tracker" mobile app. (or the Beanstack website) If needed, choose "Find a site", "Due West Elementary", and follow the directions for username (student number) and password (mmdd).
- Also Earn Badges and Read & Write Book Reviews!
Have you tried SORA? Digital books and magazines!
Gallery Walk Activity Ideas
We are collecting pictures for the 5th Grade End-of-Year Slideshow. CLICK HERE FOR THE PDF FLYER or see below.
Due West Students have begun coding activities in our STEM lab and in the Library. We will continue with more during the 3rd quarter.
At HOME - December 6th-12th – Join in with people all around the world for the Hour of Code Challenge! Solve some "code" and learn computer science basics. Have fun!
eBooks, Audio Books...
and now MAGAZINES!!!
*All students can access SORA magazines at the same time/no limit.
Magazine titles include:
Time for Kids, Highlights for Children, National Geographic Kids, The Week Jr., Animal Tales and many more!
How do I get Sora?
You can access Sora from Clever, OR download the Sora App, OR go to this website.
Here is our school login information:
mmddyyyy (birthday password)
More help reading in Sora - CLICK HERE!